Monday, January 14, 2013

It was daybreak, it was a Monday, and I was out of coffee. This particular dry spell didn't have to happen. I'd knocked over the coffee tin and into the vacuum the beautiful, brown grains had to go-- but did I really have to suck them up into the beater bar of destiny? I could've rinsed them off, like I do everything else, and no one would have been the wiser.  There is no back-up coffee in the house. This fact caused my face to transform, then I noticed Courbet's self portrait on the top of an old brochure, had a funny feeling, and glanced in a 2 x 6 inch kitchen mirror:                                                                                  
                      
                         
  
  

4 comments:

  1. OH NO! Not the COFFEE!!! I can so identify. Beautiful work as always my friend! Courbet would be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enlarged your painting and enjoyed it very much. No only did it produce a big smile, but I could see just how very well it was painted. SOOO expressive. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, you are SOOO generous with your words! it was a fun sp-- many thanks

    ReplyDelete